Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Bixby Canon Ridge

I descended a dusty gravel ridge,
beneath the Bixby Canon Bridge
Until I eventually arrived
at the place where your soul had died.
And barefoot in the shallow creek,
I grabbed some stones from underneath
and waited for you to speak to me.

In the silence, it became so very clear
that you had long ago disappeared
I cursed myself for being surprised,
that this didn't play like it did in my mind
All the way from San Francisco,
as I chased the end of your rope
'Cause I've still got miles to go...


And I want to know my fate.
If I keep up this way
But it's hard to want to stay awake.
When everyone you meet
They all seem to be asleep
And you wonder if your missing the dream
You can't see a dream
You can't see a dream
You just can't see a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment