Tuesday, April 14, 2009

After these messages...

It's been awhile, my few but loyal followers. 
I used to have to grasp for subject matter, but now it's like the all-you-can-eat buffet of subject matter has opened and I'm just paralyzed by all the choices. 

So I guess the most important thing is that I'm now unattached. 

Notice the careful use of wording there? Unattached. Not single. Because that's how I feel and that's what I'm going to call it.

Actually, the most important thing is that the break-up was not really that significant to me. I care, it changed my life, but I'm not all eating-buckets-of-ice-cream and weeping-into-my-tv-dinner kind of sad about it. Firstly, because tv dinners are just wrong and even an astronaut can tell you that. Secondly.....secondly.....I just don't know. It should have been slighly traumatizing to let go of something that was that good....sometimes. I guess it should have been a lot of things that it just wasn't.

I thought I should have been a lot of things that I just wasn't. 

So I've tentatively come up with a life plan that THIS WEEK I am happy with and some of this requires ALL OF YOU TO PARTICIPATE (if there's a word in the English language that fills me with a greater sense of dread than "participate", I haven't found it yet). 

1. I'm switching my major to ENGLISH.  A whole other post will be dedicated to why...but for now JUST GO WITH IT.

2. I'm finding a decent paying, permanent job when the semester finishes. 

3. I'm gettin' the hell out of Dodge and moving out.

4. I'm continuing in night school.....for likely the next 4 years or so. 

5. If you will look directly to the right of this post you will see a link under "Other Blogs" it will take you to a magical place if you click on it just right.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Reynolds! Love your four part plan....hooray for being....Unattached.

    ReplyDelete